About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first person shooter game, “Squad”. OWI was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2020, OWI has nearly 90 employees and is rapidly growing. We have been expanding the studio into both serving as a publisher supporting mods, as well as a technology provider building a framework for character based multiplayer games based in UE4.
We are built on passion, unified spirit and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games as well as supplying others with the ability to do the same. We are looking for a talented Social Media Marketing Manager for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine based multiplayer games. If you are passionate about making great games and a team player, we are looking for you!
- Create unique social media marketing plans, content strategies and tactics tailored to our specific games and their content releases
- Create and maintain social media calendars
- Help establish new guidelines for content approval pipelines with both internal and external partners
- Establish new filing system to organize marketing assets
- Act as a liaison between community management and marketing
- Manage social media assets – deliverables, prioritization, due dates, ‘go live’ dates
- Oversee/assist biz dev with brand management related to social media and online store platforms
- Establish further guidelines for brand voice & tone for OWI products and OWI corporate channels
- Provide additional training, mentoring to CM’s surrounding engagement guidelines
- Set and track KPIs for all social platforms and provide weekly reporting
- Manage events including social media contests, charity events, assist overseeing online tournaments and other game initiatives that require social media campaigns
- Meet frequently with key members of Production, Community, QA and more to provide insight into product decisions informed by social media trends
- Assist the Senior Product Marketing Manager with vendor management
- Competitive research and analysis
- 5+ years of community management/social media experience directly within the games industry
- A deep understanding of social media platforms, how they differ, and how strategies for growth differ between the platforms
- Experience guiding brands through sensitive communication scenarios, managing sensitive communication matters
- Experience planning online events for gaming brands/studios, including but not limited to charity events and contests
- Experience reviewing art assets with a critical eye
- Project management experience related to social media & community marketing campaigns
- Fluent in English, with strong written skills
- The ability to multitask across several projects at once
- Experience setting and reaching KPIs related to social media platforms
- Familiarity with corporate reporting
- Self motivated and highly productive
- An empathetic and collaborative approach to strategic planning
- An active awareness of outside social issues that may inform brand tone, voice, and strategic decision making
- Flexibility to adopt marketing or community management duties outside of their immediate job mandate as the need arises; ability to function within a startup culture
- The ability to ‘lead’ even if not within a people management role
Nice to haves:
- Experience running paid social media advertising campaigns (not just sponsored posts)
- People management experience
- Experience with running quantifiable A/B testing for social advertising initiatives
- ‘In person’ event planning experience, such as community meet-ups and conventions
This is a full-time permanent position, where the successful candidate will be working from home for now, with a long term view to relocate to Vancouver, BC, Canada.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- Annual employee anniversary gifts
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and OWI sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter and a copy of your resume.
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.