About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first person shooter game, “Squad”. OWI was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2021, OWI has nearly 90 employees and is rapidly growing. We have been expanding the studio into both serving as a publisher supporting mods, as well as a technology provider building a framework for character based multiplayer games based in UE4.
We are built on passion, unified spirit and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games as well as supplying others with the ability to do the same. We are looking for a talented Senior Technical Artist for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine based multiplayer games. If you are passionate about making great games and a team player, we are looking for you!
- Collaborate with the Art Director and Art Leads to drive the artistic vision of our games
- Spearhead the creation of art pipelines and develop new techniques
- Overseeing the creation and maintenance of tools to help artists create content
- Provide hands on support for artists and engineers in order to validate performance and standards
- Review creative processes and identify opportunities for improvements
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Create and optimize shaders in UE4’s node system as well as HLSL
- Oversee the correction of the team’s bugs
- 5+ years experience in technical art related disciplines
- Shipped at least 1 title in a senior or lead management role.
- Previous experience with industry standard game development software
- A wide range of skills and knowledge related to 3D art pipelines, shaders, and optimization
- Previous experience with lighting and post processing
- A great ability to think creatively and solve complex technical issues
- Strong mentoring skills to enable the growth of young up and coming art talent
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Positive attitude, genuine team player
- Expert in shader and tool development/maintenance, including HLSL, blueprint, and UE4 shader nodes
- Experienced in modeling and art tools/pipelines (Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, Substance)
- Knowledge of procedural tools and programs (Houdini, World Machine)
- Good artistic skills including color and composition
- Ability to work with technical documentation and write new documentation for developed tools and shaders
- Knowledge of a high level of coding (C++ specifically)
- Experience developing custom tools and scripts for content creation tools
- Previous experience with landscape pipelines and/or skybox art
- Understanding of the realistic visual style of OWI games and a passion to push it to the next level
- Passion for video games, and an extensive knowledge of different games across many genres and platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a full-time permanent position, where the successful candidate will be working from home for now, with a long term view to relocate to Vancouver Canada.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- Annual employee anniversary gifts
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and OWI sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter, a copy of your resume, and a copy of your technical portfolio.
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.