About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first person shooter game, “Squad”. OWI was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2021, OWI has nearly 95 employees and is rapidly growing. We have been expanding the studio into both serving as a publisher supporting mods, as well as a technology provider building a framework for character based multiplayer games based in UE4.
We are built on passion, unified spirit and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games as well as supplying others with the ability to do the same. We are looking for a talented Senior Systems Administrator for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine based multiplayer games. If you are passionate about making great games and a team player, we are looking for you!
- Configuration and management of a Windows Server 2019/Azure AD environment along withrelated roles and services.
- Management of our bare metal compute and storage located on-site including maintenance, capacity planning, budgeting, and monitoring.
- Creation of and maintenance of both Linux and Windows virtual machines in our multiple Hyper-V clusters along with management of the clusters themselves.
- Management of networking components including switches (managed and unmanaged), VLANs, Routers and Firewalls.
- Planning and implementation of policies in an ever-evolving digital security landscape.
- Monitor helpdesk channels and ticketing system for user requests.
- Collaborate with our user base, leadership and DevOps team in the creation and implementation of new solutions that will help our developers streamline their work.
- Perform daily backups and manage our digital data via Dell management utilities.
- The building, imaging, testing and network configuration of new equipment.
- Manage user and computer accounts as well as the day to day monitoring of our Active Directory and G Suite environments.
- Troubleshoot connectivity problems in both an onsite and remote work environment.
- Provide clear and concise support to our users over various platforms that are having difficulties with their technology.
- Assist in the distribution and tracking of licenses from many different vendors.
- Creation of documentation supporting our practices as they are developed.
- Completion of a post secondary program in Systems Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience or certifications.
- 6+ years of systems administration experience in a windows Active Directory environment.
- Experience in the software or game development industry is strongly preferred.
- A thorough understanding of a Windows Active Directory/Azure AD and supporting environments.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN and VPN technologies.
- A functional understanding of G Suite, Atlassian (Jira), Slack, PFSense & NAS and Dell storage systems.
- Experience in SCCM management and integration.
This is a full-time permanent position.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- 1 week paid annual company trip
- Annual employee anniversary gifts
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and OWI sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter and a copy of your resume.
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.