About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first-person shooter game, “Squad”. OWI was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2023, OWI has nearly 130 employees and is rapidly growing. We have been expanding the studio into serving as a publisher supporting mods and have just released our new title into early access, “Starship Troopers: Extermination”, a 16-player PvE first-person shooter based on the 1997 cult-classic film.
We are built on passion, unified spirit and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games as well as supplying others with the ability to do the same. We are looking for a talented Senior QA Tester for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine based multiplayer games. If you are passionate about making great games and a team player, we are looking for you!
- Smoke testing and sanity testing new features and bugfixes
- Finding bugs, documenting them, prioritizing them and finding reproduction steps for them
- Providing concise and clear information in bug reports that developers can work with without needing extra information
- Maintaining a complete and up-to-date list of all known bugs and issues and their progress
- Creating and analyzing performance profiles for client, GPU, server and network performance
- Creating and maintaining Testrail test plans and test cases
- Writing and maintaining documentation on testing procedures and workflows
- Organizing, moderating and evaluating larger scale playtests
- Providing feedback of new features when requested
- Provide Mentorship to the other QA team members
- Be the Point of Contact for new feature development, including reporting
- Education – strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Analytical mindset – a demonstrable ability to deconstruct a problem into components and develop effective testing strategies that are efficient and take a lateral view to cover edge cases
- Methodical – QA requires discipline in order to provide complete coverage, and to collaborate with others to achieve goals
- Entrepreneurial – Proactively takes the initiative, owns their area, a flexible ‘have a go’ attitude to getting the job done
- Flexible – Workloads can vary during the periods leading up releases; being flexible and shifting gears is key there. Occasionally there can be a request to keep an eye on things outside office hours, for example during a public playtest or shortly after a release. We try to minimize this, but flexibility is especially helpful in those cases
- Experience in game testing is a plus
- High level of gaming knowledge
- Passion for Squad and/or other military-themed FPS games
- Familiarity with the Software Development Production Pipeline
- Strong knowledge of Jira or other bug tracking software
- Strong knowledge of Testrail or other test case tracking software
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine is a plus
This is a full-time permanent position.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- Retirement savings plan
- 3 weeks of paid vacation and 2 weeks of paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and OWI sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter and a copy of your resume.
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.