New Westminster, BC, Canada
About The Job:
Offworld Industries is looking for talented software engineers for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine based multiplayer games. If you are passionate about making great games and a team player, we are looking for you!
We would prefer candidates with a game development background, but are always open to training experienced software engineers in game development on the job. As a Senior Game Programmer, your job will be to serve as a mentor, role model, and primary contributor on our programming team.
As a mentor, you should be able to recognize teaching opportunities for other programmers when they arise, and be willing to guide team members to successful outcomes, both inside and outside programming.
As a role model, you should hold yourself to a high standard and be comfortable setting a good example for the other members of the team.
As a primary contributor, you should be a proactive member in both the design and development processes, who is able to drive the delivery of major systems, difficult features, and serious bug fixes.
● Being one of the primary contributors in a multiplayer PC game.
● Designing, prototyping, implementing and refining core game systems.
● Analyzing and improving game performance.
● Adapting to unfamiliar areas of code or concepts when investigating a problem.
● Work closely with the rest of the programming team to assist in development, to be a positive contributor to improvement and integration of new code.
● Coordinating with the testing team to work on fixes for bugs.
● Working with members of other departments on cross-department features [e.g., sound, animation, VFX].
● Integrating third-party SDKs and Unreal Engine updates.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
● Minimum of 4 years full time experience working as a software engineer; preferably within the games industry.
● At least one shipped game title; preferably using Unreal Engine.
● Excellent understanding of C++.
● Experience with game engines.
● Familiarity with command line tools and operations.
● 6 weeks of total paid vacation, which includes:
○ Paid annual week-long company trip.
○ Paid company breaks twice a year, including a two-week Christmas break and a
● summer flex holiday week.
○ 2 weeks of personal vacation time.
● Relocation expenses covered.
● The wage being offered for this role is $90,000 – $96,000; depending on experience
This is a full-time permanent position based in our Vancouver office, located in the heart of New Westminster, BC. This role offers a competitive salary, industry-leading benefits package, an excellent vacation policy, core-working hours, an annual company trip, and, most of all, wonderful people to work with!