About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first person shooter game, “Squad”. OWI was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2020, OWI has nearly 90 employees and is rapidly growing. We have been expanding the studio into both serving as a publisher supporting mods, as well as a technology provider building a framework for character based multiplayer games based in UE4.
We are built on passion, unified spirit and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games as well as supplying others with the ability to do the same. We are looking for a talented Senior Environment Artist for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine based multiplayer games. If you are passionate about making great games and a team player, we are looking for you!
- Create Realistic 3D environments to support the vision of our game and its gameplay requirements
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to achieve our teams goals
- Create structures (exterior and interior), natural terrain and other assets for our games using Maya, Zbrush and other additional tools
- Participate and be an active contributor of the Art Board working with the Lead and other members of the team
- Develop performance and expertise within their team while furthering their own knowledge and expertise
- Have a crucial role in setting visual targets of Environment Art Look Sets
- Work closely with Level Design to craft our worlds
- Plan, estimate and priorities time frames for the completion of day to day tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools such as Jira
- Support the Environment Art Team in any necessary tasks and duties
- Lead by example by owning large areas of the world and drive quality
- Create documentation of processes for others to follow as needed
- 5+ years environment art creation experience within the games industry
- Ability to create interesting, detailed and visually appealing environments
- Excellent working knowledge of industry leading 3D modelling packages
- Has an understanding of data management software such as Perforce
- Strong understanding of modern game development processes
- Advanced knowledge of physically based material workflows and shaders
- Strong Skills in authoring tile and trim sheet textures
- An understanding of UE4 workflows when creating Worlds
- Ability to take Level Design blackouts and breakdown into modular assets
- Experience in both hard surface modeling and organic sculpting
- Experience using Autodesk Maya/Blender, Zbrush, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Marmoset Toolbag and Photoshop
- Ability to own and drive areas of the world with collaboration from Art Direction
- Enjoys solving art challenges from level design and collaborating with design
- Ability to propose alternate solution or workflows to environment team and discuss them amongst the group
- Strong knowledge of optimization techniques
- Strong Critical Eye
- A Passion for Mentoring other Artists
- Independent, self motivated and takes a proactive approach to crafting worlds
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience using World Machine, Marvelous Designer or Houdini
This is a full-time permanent position, where the successful candidate will be working from home for now, with a long term view to relocate to Vancouver Canada.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- Annual employee anniversary gifts
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and OWI sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter, a copy of your resume and a copy of your portfolio.
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.