About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first person shooter game, “Squad”. OWI was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2022, OWI has nearly 100 employees and is rapidly growing. We have been expanding the studio into both serving as a publisher supporting mods, as well as a technology provider building a framework for character based multiplayer games based in UE4.
We are built on passion, unified spirit and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games as well as supplying others with the ability to do the same. We are looking for a talented Head of Product for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine-based multiplayer games. As a member of the Leadership Team, and reporting directly to the CEO, you are not afraid to push the boundaries of what’s possible in product development, possess strong communication skills, and are comfortable presenting a compelling product vision to an Executive audience. Alongside the Leadership Team, you will help determine the product vision and develop an overall product plan to successfully bring it to market, with the help of several talented cross-functional teams who report to you.
- Set a strategic vision and success metrics to each new project, including balancing investments in current projects
- Lead a talented cross-functional leadership team in evolving the current framework and defining and executing on the testing and launch of innovative new ideas
- Roll out large-scale product efforts, leveraging the best of strategy & analysis, content, design, production, program management, platform & ui engineering, insights & data science
- Responsible for operating live games as a service
- Drive toward business impact and make tough calls: Own decisions for the interactive product roadmap and portfolio feature investment, assessing impact and opportunity cost
- Communicate your vision and strategy broadly and with confidence and conviction backing it up with market and / or user data
- Hire, develop and mentor talent in building an inclusive environment of teamwork, risk-taking, and trust; coach for performance issues when necessary
- Lead forecasting efforts and business reviews
- Coordinate across the company to make sure that product requirements incorporate inputs from several partners including finance, marketing, community management, customer support, and security
- 10+ years of product leadership experience with a proven record of successfully launching game products
- Experience leading a product to market
- Experience working in a live ops environment
- Experience managing product roadmaps and communicating decisions to leadership
- Research, statistical reasoning, and data analysis abilities (including A/B testing)
- Experience with complex game systems (e.g. game economies)
- Passion for games and creating fun and engaging products for users
- Superb ability to prioritize and articulate priorities and corresponding product roadmap across business functions
- An evangelizing leader who can inspire, motivate and collaborate with engineers, designers, artists, QA, and others
- Exceptionally clear oral and written communication who can flex across technical, business, and creative forums
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, you are excited about helping set the vision and building the culture of a young company.
- Are inherently good at coaching and mentoring talent, you take the professional development of your team seriously and feel that their success is your success.
- Can have the necessary but tough conversations, always done with respect and with the desire for a mutually beneficial outcome
This is a full-time permanent position where the successful candidate will be working from home for now with a long-term view to relocating to Vancouver, Canada.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- Retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and Offworld sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter and a copy of your resume.
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.