About the Job:
Offworld Industries is looking for a hard working and skilled financial leader with excellent character to oversee Offworld’s Finance Team.
The Finance Director role will require someone with top notch finance skills and a depth of experience in financial planning and analysis. The heart of the role will be partnering with individual teams within the business to help them set and meet financial and performance goals, as well as bolstering and safeguarding the financial health and performance of the business as a whole. Someone who is detail-oriented and organized is key to this as you will be expected to maintain the accuracy and integrity of our financial data and reporting.
The Finance Director will also carry responsibility for other auxiliary functions connected to finance, such as ensuring our tax filings occur, handling tax credits such as SR&ED and IDMTC, working with our accounting firm on producing financials, and working with our bank when needed regarding financial matters.
To meet the above responsibilities, the Finance Director needs to be a leader who can build and lead a team of people to help accomplish all of the responsibilities expected of the role.
- Recruit, interview, hire, retain and mentor/develop finance and accounting staff as required.
- Handle external financial reporting, accounting, tax policy, and assist with payroll.
- Prepare management reporting and provide analysis and commentary for games, key initiatives, and other important functions.
- Provide research and analysis for major business decisions as they arise periodically.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of organizations and teams with regards to long term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Draft and implement operating policy for management approval of expenses and transactions.
- Prepare financial models, annual operating budgets, and forecast updates.
- Provide monthly financial reports and monitor against approved plans and budgets, along with color commentary on major variances from key performance metrics.
- Select and engage with major accounting firms as required for taxes, auditing, and other major financial needs.
- Prepare and organize product forecasts and plans including P&L, assumptions and market research, for discussion and approval by the management team.
- Implement policies procedures and processes as necessary for carrying out any of the job duties herein in a systematic manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting. MBA or economics background is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience as a finance director or higher.
- At least 7 years of experience in accounting, finance, and planning.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and confidence.
- Outstanding presentation, communication, and people skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP.
- Big four public accounting experience is a plus.
- Excellent analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Mastery of detailed information and data.
- Excellent at attention to detail, and accurate reporting with minimal or no mistakes.
- 6 weeks of total paid vacation, which includes:
- Paid annual week-long company trip.
- Paid company breaks twice a year including a two-week Christmas break and a summer flex holiday week.
- 2 weeks of personal vacation time.
- Relocation expenses covered.
Terms: Salaried full time, for a permanent position in our office located in New Westminster, BC.