About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries is an independent video game studio and publisher owned and run by a team of active developers. We were established in 2014 and have a permanent office in New Westminster, BC. Our company culture is built around making sure everyone shares in the success of the company, as well as the professional growth and friendship that comes with it. We offer periodic long vacations and project-based bonuses, a flexible work schedule and an environment based on hitting our goals, and an annual company trip.
You can find out more about both projects we are working on:
About the Job:
As a Community Manager, you are at the forefront of player interaction, community building, and game knowledge. Your passion for games will help you work to grow communities and build rapport with the players daily with a strong sense of ownership of the game you are representing.
As a champion of the community, you will be a key creative contributor to the team and the business as a whole. In doing so, a Community Manager will collaborate with multiple disciplines to achieve a high level of engagement with the players to ensure a healthy community and a long-lasting game. This will often require you to be able to understand players’ desires and concerns, gauge the significance of the feedback, and have a strong sense of the development team’s capabilities.
- Responsible for daily interaction with the players and community through various social media platforms, such as Discord, Twitter, Facebook, Forums, etc.
- Creating specialized content for their players, responsible for engaging players on YouTube, Facebook, Reddit, and other social media channels around that content.
- Analyze your activities and understand how your activities perform and how they affect the business. Also, responsible for reporting results of said activities.
- Execute community-facing initiatives, including contests, volunteer programs, fansite programs, offline events, convention presence, email campaigns, facilitating partner programs, and social media initiatives.
- When applicable, assist QA in managing public playtests and feedback provided by players.
- Research, write and edit all press materials, including press releases and article posts across Steam, forums, and websites.
- Respond to media and press inquiries promptly and professionally, know how to create appropriate responses, and where to go internally to find the best answers.
- Work closely with internal marketing and production team to identify relevant and timely product news and events and develop deliverables schedule.
- Coordinate with Director of Customer Experience on budgeting requirements for events, projects, etc.
- Work with production and web development team to help plan and develop website features.
- Build consistent processes concerning community management efforts, primarily focused on growing the user base and improving retention and game experience.
- One or more years of experience in community management, marketing, or public relations (preferably in the video game industry).
- Working knowledge of social media platforms.
- Familiarity with streaming practices
- Familiarity with basic image editing
- Experience building and moderating online communities.
- Experience managing player expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow you to be an influential team member that can coordinate with other departments to support each other’s goals.
- Comfortable engaging with online entities and individuals in person across various locations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid analytical and organization skills.
- High level of personal integrity and accountability.
- Ability to recognize the changing needs of the community to provide content, feedback, and support concerning the continuing nature of the player base and the game as a whole.
- Be flexible and versatile to work with multiple partners on a global scale.
- Love of video games. (Preferably a strong leaning towards FPS’s)
- 6 weeks of total paid vacation, which includes:
- Paid annual week-long company trip.
- Paid company breaks twice a year, including a two-week Christmas break and a summer flex holiday week.
- 2 weeks of personal vacation time.
- Relocation expenses covered.
Terms: This is a full-time permanent position based in our Vancouver office, located in the heart of New Westminster, BC. It will require travel, which may range between 10-20% of your time. This role offers a competitive salary, industry-leading benefits package, an excellent vacation policy, core-working hours, an annual company trip, and, most of all, wonderful people to work with!