About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first person shooter game, “Squad”. OWI was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well-known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2020, OWI has nearly 90 employees and is rapidly growing. We have been expanding the studio into both serving as a publisher supporting mods, as well as a technology provider building a framework for character based multiplayer games based in UE4.
We are built on passion, unified spirit and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games as well as supplying others with the ability to do the same. Offworld Industries is seeking an experienced Community Manager to serve as an advocate, champion, and cheerleader for our engaged player base. This role will act as a key conduit between our wider development team and community, helping to ensure the lines of communication remain open and productive. It will help drive informed product decisions and support to other members of the marketing communications team.
- Serve as an advocate internally for all player types within the Squad community
- Reply to social media inquiries and engage directly with players
- Moderate online platforms
- Provide guidance and support to volunteer moderators
- Oversee our Partner Program and assist content creators with needs or inquiries
- Oversee playtests
- Plan draft communications including patch notes, blog posts and forum announcements to support content releases and other business needs
- Participate in meetings with developers as needed
- Collaborate with our Social Media Marketing Manager and other Marketing professionals on community-centric campaigns
- Assist with internal escalation practices
- Host live-streams and videos
- Provide frequent sentiment/live issue reporting using social listening tools and manual channel review
- Identify new creative campaign opportunities to provide excitement to our player base
- Assist organizing events and contests, including charity events
- Provide occasional weekend support as needed
- Have a minimum of 2 years of professional Community Management experience for a game development studio or established business
- Have a comprehensive understanding of all community channels, the strengths of each one, and can articulate how they support business needs in different ways (this includes Twitter, Facebook, forums, Twitch, Discord and Reddit)
- Be fluent in English
- Feel comfortable on camera and have experience hosting live-streams
- Have a keen sense of empathy and compassion for both impassioned players and your fellow developers
- Be able to make strategic decisions and articulate business needs on the fly
- Be up to date on the latest gaming and industry trends
- Have the ability to prioritize several projects at once and hit frequent deliverable deadlines
- Be very comfortable delivering empathetic and sometimes difficult messaging via written communication
- Have experience working with impassioned players, and possess a thick skin
- Have experience creating and executing community strategies
This is a full-time permanent position, where the successful candidate will be working from home for now, with a long-term view to relocate to Vancouver Canada.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- 1 week paid annual company trip
- Annual employee anniversary gifts
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and OWI sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter and a copy of your resume.
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.